Feel the calmness sweep over you with our uplifting combination of essential oils in our Calm Blend. This delightful combination of essential oils includes fresh lavender and mandarin to uplift the spirit, bergamot and ylang ylang to refocus an anxious mind, and chamomile and cedarwood to soothe any stress.
Lavender // Lavandula angustifolia
Lavender oil has a reputation for being one of the best oils for relaxation, and for very good reason. Lavender supports you to:
- Relieve stress and anxiety by working as an anxiolytic and as a sedative. As the scent interacts with the neurotransmitter GABA, the brain and nervous system work to reduce agitation, anger, aggression and restlessness.
- This study also found lavender used in aromatherapy may improve mild-to-moderate depression.
Mandarin // Citrus reticulata
Mandarin deserves a big mention with the number of benefits it has. As one of our favourites, the citrus scent of mandarin features positive and fresh tones, and is known to:
- Promote cellular growth thanks to it’s high content of antioxidants.
- Work as an anti-inflammatory - a component of the composition of this essential oil is d-Limonene, which is a compound with strong anti-inflammatory effects.
- This essential oil also works to stimulate blood circulation within the lymphatic system, which is a superhero as far as your body’s immune processes are considered.
- Mandarin is also known for taking antibacterial and antifungal actions.
Bergamot // Citrus bergamia
Known as the perfect scent for lifting the spirit, Bergamot has a citrus and spicy scent. The benefits of Bergamot are vast:
- Studies have demonstrated it aids digestion by increasing the hormones and fluids that aid digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Studies have linked Bergamot with helping to reduce feelings of anxiety and fatigue as well as relieving depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders by signaling the brain to release dopamine and serotonin.
- It’s also been noted as impactful for acne, bruises, burns, cuts, dermatitis, eczema, sciatica, mouth ulcers.
Geranium // Pelargonium graveolens
Geranium is the jack of all trades in the essential oil family. With benefits from nervous tension, to hormonal imbalances and skin ailments, Geranium's sweet, uplifting floral scent works to support you in many ways:
- Geranium has also been found to decrease blood pressure and pulse rate, and increase the attentiveness and alertness.
- Geranium Essential Oil is known to reduce feelings of stress, anxiety, sadness, fatigue, and tension, thereby enhancing the general sense of well-being and relaxation, while offering relief to those suffering from insomnia
- This oil also has antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiseptic properties
- This clinical trial of women in labor found geranium essential oil had a calming effect and was able to reduce the anxiety associated with first-stage labor.
Ylang Ylang // Cananga odorata
Best known for its inclusion of some of the most timeless French fragrances, this sweet, slightly fruity scent is very generous with it’s healing properties:
- It has been researched and noted as opportune in relieving tension, fatigue, anxiety, headaches, skin irritations, coughs, cold, rheumatic aches and pains.
Atlas Cedarwood // Cedrus atlantica
The woody scent of Atlas Cedarwood brings a delightfully earthy tone to this blend.
Atlas Cedarwood is noteworthy with regards to it’s analgesic and anti-inflammatory sedative properties:
- The results provide convincing evidence that inhalation exerts a rapid onset, relatively long-lasting and pronounced systemic antihypersensitivity against pain behavior.
Roman Chamomile // anthemis nobilis
You would have heard of the miracle scent chamomile. It is well-known for relaxation properties, and whilst that is a magnificent benefit, it is also linked to soothing a series of ailments:
- Ailments such as hay fever, inflammation, muscle spasms, menstrual disorders, ulcers, wounds, gastrointestinal disorders, rheumatic pain and hemorrhoids
- Studies have also linked it to reducing anxiety, fear and anger, depression and irritability.
- Helps to relieve muscular pains, inflammation and swollen joints.
Start feeling all the benefits of these incredible ingredients used to formulate our Calm Essential Oil Blend and our Calm Roll On. Made in Australia, this Blend is designed to be used throughout the day to support your nervous system or into the evenings to create a sense of calm in your sleep space. If you're new to essential oils, or looking for a bedroom upgrade, view our range of safe ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffusers to get started.