Whether you're mum to a newborn, or older kids too, sleep can often be the first thing out the window. So, how do you cope?
We checked in with Julia Ashwood, founder of The Vista and mum to young Delilah Bee, for some of her tips to ensure you get enough rest as a busy mum:
- Make use of a comfy sleep mask so that you can get some rest while your little ones nap during the day.
- Try diffusing some calming essential oils in your space to calm your mind and body.
- Switch your afternoon coffee to a herbal tea.
- Avoid the evening wind-up. Sometimes as the evening creeps on, it can be easy to turn to your phone or computer, but this blue light can mess with your circadian rhythm and make it harder to get to sleep when it's time for rest.
- Have a little evening ritual. This can be anything that helps you wind down and prepare for rest – like spritzing your pillow with a little sleep mist, and spraying magnesium under the tongue.
- Keep a stash of goodies next to your bed to help you rest, that way they're always on hand when you need.